Do you miss me? I miss you! Only two more days and I am back. I know I didn’t post much this month. I was doing my best not to “like”, “share”, or “comment” on any facebook, twitter, instagram, or linkedIn posts. It was hard because it looked like there was so much going on in others lives that I would have liked to support. My job keeps me online whether I want to be or not. So I was able to see some of the things that were going on. A lot of you sent me text or private messages and that helped.
Overall I did terrible with the No-TV this month. The first three weeks I did pretty good, but these last two, not so good. I found myself sitting down watching with my husband and one weekend I wasn’t feeling good (no excuse) and I watched a lot of Netflix. I did pretty good, I think, on the social media side. I took twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook off my phone, which is where I view it the most. What I noticed is that I felt a little disconnected. I miss seeing others updates and I miss giving my own updates. So during this month I kept a little “phone” journal of what I was grateful for or things I would have posted on facebook. Here are just a few examples:
- Sitting in the living room having long talks with the boys about anything and everything. I always end up learning something new 6/30/2015
- Registered Johnny for school 7/2/2015
- Good meal with family and friends. Got to meet someone new, Chrissy. A beautiful soul. Ended the night with a call to Robert who is in the military. My boys, John and I miss him dearly. It was good to hear his voice. 7/5/2015
- Sitting with my oldest son on the couch asking each other questions to see how much we knew about each other. He asked me who was his best friend. I said Matt, Kyle or Robert. He said, “No mom its Joey”. Tears flowed down my face. Thank you God! Later I asked Joey, who is your best friend. He said, “Johnny of course”. 7/6/2015
- Big website job completed. 7/10/2015 (Lakota East Bands)
- Fulfilling a dream off our “dream list”. Went to the shooting range today as a family. My husband John said he forgot what if felt like to shoot and he had one of the funnest days he has ever had. He wants to do it again. Boys came in early that night. Made a cake for John’s friend Billy. 7/11/2015
- Big storm brought part of neighbors tree down in our yard. 7/13/2015
- Had an amazing day with my friend Angela and her son Bryan. Angel lives in South Korea now and only comes back once a year. We spent the day swimming, talking, and eating dinner. It was so great catching up. The boys had a great time too! Angela gave Joey a scarf of the Korean flag. 7/16/2015
- Ordered our bathroom tile. Steamed off all the wallpaper. Holy Spirit Service. Found out Johnny got his new job at home depot and Joey got moved to defense. This was a great day! 7/18/2015
- Its that time of year. Pressure washing helmets and cardinals. My new friend Chrissy makes me laugh. 7/21/2015
Overall the experience of not watching TV and cutting out social media (as much as I could) was ok. Nothing life changing. I will say I am not afraid of the bible as much as I used to be. Reading it more now has me intrigued by what is to come next. But it also had me questioning more. If anything, cutting these things out has made the summer fly by. I can’t believe in just three weeks my boys will be going back to school. One will be a senior and the other will be starting his first year of college. I will continue plugging away on my book, trying to grow my business, looking for opportunities for spiritual growth, and praying for those whispers from God to keep me going in the right direction.